Friday, April 1, 2011

Ups and Downs

I feel like I am asked several times a day, how I am doing. I often think to myself, "Do you want the short version or the long version? Do you mean right this moment? Today? This week?" because those could each have different answers! In general I am feeling pretty good most of the time, although the exhaustion seems to be increasing each week. On a day to day and throughout the day basis, things are very up and down. I almost always get through my school day just fine, but once I sit back down and the kids are gone, it's a gamble if I have lots of energy left or am running on empty.

For example, on Wednesday, I quickly got things finished up at school, left at 4:15, got some Jamba Juice with Matt, went for a 2 mile walk with him and Samson, got my haircut, made dinner, then had a great phone conversation with a friend for over an hour. It was SO nice having energy and things to use it on, all in the same day, along with pretending that I didn't have a million things to do and enjoying myself.

Then came Thursday... I always have more work on Thursdays to start with to get ready for missing homework sheets and end of the week things for Friday, but I was also already exhausted by the time school was out. Then I was there until 6. Thankfully, my wonderful hubby made dinner, but then I still had a little more work to do, boo. One day (or even one moment) I have plenty of energy, but tears of exhaustion can follow all too quickly.

We finally got some amazing sunny spring weather this week! The only problem is... my body is truly realizing that it is indeed pregnant, and has let me off far too easy thus far. Which means this week has brought on hot flashes, sleeplessness, and hot, achy, swollen feet and calves. Still, I think its' a worthwhile sacrifice for the fabulous weather, even if I don't get to enjoy as much as I'd like at the moment.

We are planning to paint Annabelle's room this weekend, so hopefully things will get up on the walls and pictures will be coming in the next couple of weeks as well! I am definitely entering nesting mode... I just wish I had the time and energy to do all of the things I am dying to get accomplished. I really want to get her room mostly finished in the next 2 weeks before my big baby shower, when there will lots more stuff to find places for (but I can't wait!).

OK, time to put these swollen feet up!

No comments: