Friday, April 29, 2011

Green Light

Dearest baby Annabelle, you have a green light from mama to come anytime now!

I can't believe it's Friday already of our break, but I have to say that I am feeling pretty accomplished with my to-do lists! My sub plans and lessons are in order, my classroom is tidied up a bit and desks are rearranged for one last time, all of my grading except for one last thing (which I should get to this weekend) is up to date, and I got a fair amount of my paper work / professional documentation type stuff out of the way also. At home we have Annabelle's room as ready as it is going to be (all it needs is curtains, which my mom will probably be making when she comes out in a couple of weeks! and birdies for her mobile, which she won't be using for a while anyways), the carpets are cleaned, thank you notes are written, the car seat is in the car, birthing classes are finished, and the hospital bag is packed (or as packed as it can be aside from adding in a few last minute toiletries and items that I still need in the next couple weeks). So a couple small school items, and I am not quite as far on crocheting as I'd like to be, but other than that, I have conquered the to-dos and am now feeling good and ready for Annabelle to come whenever she wants :).

We went to the doctor on Tuesday but left with little more info than we had before. He hadn't received the report from the ultrasound yet, so he went off of what we told him and then did a quick check on his ultrasound also. He measured the amniotic fluid on there and said it was lower also, but just fine. He didn't really say a whole lot else or give any indication of her coming soon. I am hoping he does an internal exam to check me next week and give us something more to go on.

I am definitely more and more ready for her to be born! I don't have too much to complain about; I know that I have it pretty easy. I am not super big, don't have much swelling or water retention, I haven't been hardly sick at all, and can move around relatively well yet. But still... I am ready to be done peeing every 2 seconds, waking up several times a night to pee some more or hoist myself to turn over because my hips are sore, and having my ribs jabbed (so much sometimes that it wakes me up!). And I know, I know... please don't tell me, "You'd better get used to the not sleeping," because really, who gets used to that? And also, I would much rather get up to feed and cuddle my little girl than for no good reason at all :-P.

I am hoping to relax a bit more this weekend before school starts up again and soak up a little sun while I'm at it :). I sat out in the yard a little bit yesterday, and was going to today, but it was super windy! We had nearly 30 mph winds with gusts up to almost 40 mph... all with clear blue skies and beautiful sunshine... rather strange weather if you ask me! It's supposed to die off by tomorrow though.

No comments: