It seems there is just so much to do all the time with school, the house, and getting ready for baby that even though I know I get a lot of things done, it still never feels like I am getting anywhere! This weekend was the first in a long time that I felt like I got a lot done and made some progress, instead of just treading water.
Matt had to proctor a practice AP test at school on Saturday morning, so once I got going (which is earlier than I like these days due to not being able to sleep well anymore...) and got my coffee, I got some schoolwork out and actually did it :-P. I got the errands run, laundry done, meals for the week planned, groceries bought, and we got a vinyl cling tree and wood letters for her name up on Annabelle's wall. Today after church I made a yummy lunch (tried my hand at a Thai peanut sauce over chicken, broccoli, and rice noodles), went into school for a few hours, made brownies for a BBQ tonight, cupcakes for a dinner Monday night, then headed to the BBQ with our small group! Whew! I also finished a hat and got started on booties for Annabelle over the last couple days. It's a good thing too, because these next weeks are only going to get busier!
Matt has something cool up tomorrow (Monday). He had an old Calvin professor contact him a month or so ago who is doing some research into how Calvin teaches education students to teach science. He has a grant money to go and visit and observe different Calvin grads teaching science across the country for the study, and asked Matt to participate. So he is coming all the way from Michigan to observe Matt tomorrow and then return again, crazy!
This week Friday we have "Grandparents' Day" at school, which means the kids do a program, grandparents can visit their classrooms, and then we get out at noon. Then next week is our standardized testing week. So this week is going to be a crazy week with extra practices for the program, and then reviewing and practicing for testing next week. Bring it on... 2 weeks until Spring Break!
Monday, April 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment