I talked to the school that I had interviewed with, and it turns out they are now on a hiring freeze (go figure). Some kids pulled out at the last minute, bringing their enrollment and funds down, so they cannot hire anyone for that position at the moment. The principal did tell me, however, that I was their #1 choice and that they were very excited about me and what I had to offer. So if enrollment goes back up and anything changes, they will give me a call right away. But she still didn't even know/find out if I was qualified for preschool for CA... so I'm not sure if that means they would still take me anyways if it came to that? Anyways, there is no certainty in that position now, so I am moving on.
I talked to the principal at Merced Christian yesterday, and they still have no openings, but need a lot of subs... so he is going to call me back today to schedule me for some subbing. There is another preschool also that said they need subs... so that might just be what I try to fill my time with for the near future. I did apply online for a preschool position and a teacher's aide position also, but who knows if or when I'll hear anything from those.
Subbing might not be so bad, especially if I can get quite a few days in at Merced Christian (it is a really awesome school). I am still working on getting into the public schools too. It would give me a lot of flexability in time off and stuff, and probably enough income to make things work. I have to say, I haven't really minded the not-working thing at the moment :-P. It's nice to have time to unpack, settle in, go jogging, savor my coffee, do some reading, run errands and make dinner for Matt after his long day at school. I am content doing that for now until God shows me what He has in store for me next.
Speaking of Matt, he had a wonderful first day teaching yesterday! I am so proud of him!
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cool that you've got some available opportunities for some teaching. Hope something works out for you.
Post a Comment