Friday, August 7, 2009

Moving truck, etc...

Our truck driver called this morning and said that he would be here tomorrow between 12 and 3pm! What wonderful news and a huge answer to prayer!

We took Samson to a dog park about 30 min away in a town called Turlock yesterday. He had a blast... ran all those other dogs ragged (and when I say all, I mean that he chased or was chased by just about every single one of them... he's such a friendly pup!).

Random story from driving back from Huntington Lake the other day:
So we're driving along 99 and it starts to get a little smelly. We look around to notice a livestock trailer on a truck up ahead and think, that must be the smell. We drive by, pear through those little holes, but it's empty! Then we look to the truck in front of it, which is a big semi with an open topped trailer on it, not thinking too much of it... until we see a pair of hooves sticking out over the side! EWW! As if this wasn't bad enough... that same exact sequence of 1.smell, 2.empty livestock trailer, and 3.another trailer with hooves, appeared about 3 more times! Does the one trailer bring them to get killed and the other follows along, ready to transport the carcasses? Then they travel back together again? I don't know, but it was rather gross to think about (and I'm not even a vegetarian...).

No comments: