Wednesday, August 19, 2009
5 Weeks of Work!
In a very confusing turn of events... I got offered a long (although shortish) term sub job! Stone Ridge (Matt's school), had their math teacher bow out this week and have a temporary sub for a couple weeks. The english teacher at Merced Christian is on maternity leave and had a long term sub during that. So Stone Ridge recruited that sub to be their math teacher... and I get to fill her place as a long term sub! It will be all the middle school english, plus one math class. And the teacher on maternity leave is supposedly still planning the lessons and doing some of the grading. I am meeting with her tomorrow to look through her lesson plans and find out more, and then I start this Friday already! The job will go for about 5 weeks. We'll be back to who knows what after that, but by then I'll have some good experience and contacts and should be a shoein if anything else opens up there. The prinicpal was very impressed with me and called me a squeeky wheel because I keep calling and emailing him about any updates... lesson learned... it definitely pays off to be persistant! Everyone is SO nice there, I can't wait :). What a huge blessing, thank you Lord for always providing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment