Saturday, March 7, 2009

Energy!

I am finally getting better! Earlier this week I finally got to the point where I woke up in the morning and thought, I feel pretty darn good! Instead of it taking until 11 am for me to feel not awful. And I actually had some energy! It was the weirdest feeling to not remember when the last time I felt so normal and alive was.... at least 2 months ago, that's all I can say. It felt so nice to be able to have more energy and be more fun for my kids at work. I'm sure I wasn't their favorite teacher the last while. And then the end of this week was freakishly warm, 60 degrees!, what a fantastic indication that spring is around the corner :). The combination of not feeling sick, having energy, the warm weather, and seeing people outside all over the place on my way home on Friday made me feel like I was coming out of a depression or something... I was downright hyper about it all :).

OK, let's look back this week a little. We had a great time having Grace here last weekend. We didn't DO a whole lot, just hungout (I was still sick at this point). We did go to Calvin to check out the new fieldhouse complex. Holy cow is it amazing! Makes me quite jealous that it wasn't like that when I was there.... and especially that they aren't allowing alumni to use the fancy new weight room. Darn Calvin. Oh well.

Monday we had that job fair. We both ended up with interviews with a school district near Colorado Springs. I had an on the spot one, and Matt went back the next day for one. Other than that, we just talked to schools and got info so that we can apply. Now we need to do that, but it all takes quite a while. This Thursday is my other interview, so you can keep that in your prayers.

So... I really want a puppy! I don't know what will really pan out with this... but I have been wanting one for like a year now. Matt is slowly coming around to the idea, I think. The 2 biggest problems are the costs, and the fact that we don't know where we'll be living next year. But our house now would be great for a puppy, and we have a fenced in yard... so I say get it, love it, and we'll figure the rest out when we get to it :).

1 comment:

Marcia Bosma said...

Here's a good plan for ya: Get the puppy and train it really well. And then when you guys move, and you need to give it to a loving family, Luke will take it with open arms! :) We ALMOST got a puppy this winter but decided we were a little too busy to train one! :)