Monday, March 23, 2009

Puppy Tales

Samson sure is making himself right at home! He is turning into quite the mischievous little guy, which is pretty amusing, most of the time. I was putting away laundry in our room and he was in there with me and found a tissue. He thought he was really getting away with something... he bolted down the hallway into the kitchen with it, then kept running crazy out of control back and forth from the bedroom, looking up at me each time. I was like, "Eat a tissue, I don't care you crazy puppy!" He grabs any shoe that he can get to and takes off with it so that we don't take it away. We finally just found an old shoe that he could have, ha ha.

I love it when Samson is in lazy lounging mode! Then all he wants to do is lay down at my feet. If I move, he gets up and lays down where I moved to. He always wants to be by us, which is very cute, but a little annoying when we want to watch tv and he can't come in the living room. He's getting so much better though at not barking and whining when we leave the room or put him in his cage. And he's so fun to play with outside! I love to just run back and forth and he follows on my heels.. I just have to try not to step on him. And when he runs, his floppy ears bounce up and down, priceless!

Samson tries to eat everything! He chomps on sticks, digs out grass and moss to eat. He was really excited about some mushrooms in our yard, but I took those away because I didn't know if they were bad for him. He is eating more of his real food though now too... he wasn't eating very much at first. Matt weighed him a week ago right after we got him and he was around 10 pounds, but I weighed him yesterday and he's almost 15 pounds, he is growing fast! His coloring also might be changing a bit too... more tan spots... but it's hard to tell for sure if it's that or just him getting dirty, lol.

Samson the escape artist! We learned right away that he can climb over baby gates, so Matt put a piece of cardboard over the front of the gate so that he couldn't get a foot hold to get over. Well, I was doing laundry in the basement this weekend and he would bark and whine every time I went down there. Finally I hear the barking stop, look out the door, and there is Samson wagging his tail with a big, "I'm so proud of myself" grin on his face! Now there is a piece of cardboard that is probably 4 feet high over the gate... he'd better not be able to get through now. We also have a make shift gate/fence keeping him out of our living room, held up by a chair. He tries to chew on it and learned to pull it to drag the chair too! Now it's bungeed to the chair, oh dear. Last but certainly the worst is outside. Samson discovered that there are a few inches under the gate on the side of the house... so of course, he started digging there, planning his way out. I shoved a log underneath. There are a few places in our fence that are missing just one piece, and we knew he could get his head through, but he never tried more than that... until yesterday. He totally slipped through into the neighbor's yard! Luckily their yard is fenced in as well. He was so proud of himself, prancing around over there where I couldn't get him. I enticed him back with his container of potty treats, then got to work boarding up any little hole that he could possible get through. This is the only thing that makes me want him to grow faster so that he can't fit through small openings anymore, lol.

Samson only woke us up once time Thursday night, then not at all Fri and Sat nights, but then last night it was one time again. Hopefully we'll go back to not at all... I think I just need to tire him out a bit more in the yard.

I am taking him for his 2nd round of shots next Monday. But the shelter told me that this puppy virus is running rampid and that I can't take him on the trail until after his 3rd shot, which is a whole month away! I am dying to take him for a walk... and he needs to get used to his leash because he hates is. Oh well.

That's all for now... here are a few pics:
Look at those eyes!
Samson loves to chew on Mushu
Aw, sleeping puppy!

No comments: