We have received many blessings in the last week! We found out for sure that we can get free dental check-ups and cleanings from a parent at Stone Ridge, Matt's school (we had heard rumors of this, but never knew for sure). Neither of us have been to the dentist in the last 2.5 years because we haven't had dental insurance of any kind and didn't want to put up the money. And Matt's insurance from work doesn't cover dental, so what a generous gift :). What a blessing, thank you Lord for providing.
The school I'm at right now (MCS-Merced Christian School) is paying for their staff to attend the ACSI teacher's convention in Sacramento at the end of October. They had offered to pay for me, and then we would just have to pay for Matt's fee and half a a hotel room. But even at that, plus food down there, we decided that things were a little too unstable with our incomes right now, and that we would hold off on that until next year. But then on Friday I was informed that some funding came in for Matt to be able to go too... so we're both covered and all we have to pay the whole time is for gas and food. Again, what a blessing, thank you Lord for providing.
I cam home to share that good news with Matt on Friday, and he informed me that Stone Ridge is paying to send us to a different conference as well. Actually, just Matt will be attending an AP Chemistry conference on Saturday, October 10. But we both get to go to and stay in La Jolla for Friday through Sunday. I've actually been to La Jolla once before in high school, it is right out of San Diego, and quite the upscale/ritzy little town. So it looks like a beach reading and strolling around town day for me while Matt is at the conference. Again, many blessings, thank you Lord for weekends away even when we don't have the means to pay for them.
I don't think I mentioned on my post about Seattle anything about my plane trip to get there... as I am putting my stuff in the overhead bin, someone asks me if I went to Calvin. I was a little weirded out until I realized that I was wearing my Calvin jacket. It turns out that my seat was right next to this awesome couple (Nick and Ann) who graduated from Calvin about 5 years ahead of me. Dutch bingo shows up in the most unexpected places! They live in between Sacramento and San Fran (moved there 2 years ago from Michigan), and have 2 little kids. He is a pastor and they were going to Seattle for a church conference that weekend. I talked to them for quite a while and got to know them a bit. That next week, Ann finds me on facebook and extends an invite to stay at their house if we ever want to take the BART into San Fran, and that they have a fenced yard, and Samson could come too. I NEVER have these things happen to me! I think our heavenly father is really wanting us to feel loved and enjoy ourselves while we're living here. We've been trying to figure out how we can do little trips and weekend excursions, but Samson really ties us down.
This week is going to be crazy. I am teaching half days, and then parent teacher conferences from 1-6ish every day. Good thing I am enjoying time at home with Matt this weekend!
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So glad that God has blessed you guys in this transition! It is so awesome and definately is an answer to many of yours and my prayers! Love you guys!
The Lord richly blesses all who call on him. Rom 10:12
that's so awesome about the couple you met on the airplane, haha. :-)
Post a Comment