Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Visit from Christina!

Christina came to visit! I was just a little bit excited for this particular visit, considering I haven't seen her in over 2 years! It was fantabulous :). She arrived in Merced at noonish on Friday (I left work on my lunch to let her in our apartment :-P). It was so bitter sweet to see her then jet back to work for the afternoon. Matt and I took her across the street to the pool and we all hung out there a bit (strangely though, it was over 100 degrees that day, but the late afternoon got cloudy and cooled off a bit). We had some amazing chicken tacos with more fillings than you could imagine for din din. Then we played some games, had some wine, and cozied up for a little tv. Saturday we took our weekly run to the farmer's market (after some pumpkin pancakes), the headed to the mall in Modesto. Mostly just window shopped, and Matt got to drool all over the apple store. That night we took Samson to a big park to run around, but it turned out to be really busy, so we just walked around.

Sunday Christina and I drove to see Melinda in Sacramento. We ended up going with her and some friends to a flea market in Denios. It was pretty fun, I wish we had something like that to go to more often. Garage sale meets dollar store meets farmer's market meets market in a third world country, lol (meaning it had all of those parts to it!). It was SO nice to just spend those 2 hours each way in the car chatting with one of my best friends, and knowing we could do that all day long if there were enough time!

Christina headed back to Seattle Monday, but I will get to see her again on Thursday when I get to Seattle! This is sort of a crazy week at work, scrambling to get things graded and in order for the sub and for when I come back next Tuesday. Oh well, it's way worth it.

No comments: