I have been having a wonderful weekend visiting friends and family in Seattle, although I have been doing an awful job of taking pictures. I drove to Melinda's in Sac on Wednesday night. We had some good girl time. I got to Seattle Thursday morning and got to see Evangeline and Lucca both for several hours that afternoon. It was SO great to spend time playing with them and seeing and hearing everything that I've been missing. Evangeline says so many words now: moo, baby, mommy, daddy, cheese, apple, mema (grandma), and I'm sure there were more too! Lucca can stand on her own, but is still very apprehensive about it. I played peek-a-boo with her from behind the coffee table and got her really laughing and excited. She also showed off her fake laughing for us.
Snack time!

What a face!

Peek-a-boo! I love that smile!

Story time with Auntie :)

Thursday night, I brought Dan and Christina with me to my friend John's house to meet/hangout with him and his wife. They just bought a gorgeous house in Edmonds and it was great to see them.
I hungout with my mom and got some good mom/daughter shopping in on Friday. Then I went to my friend Allison's wedding that night. I had a blast seeing other friends, Brittany, Heather, Christina, and Kim there. It was a really beautiful wedding and her family made some funny and touching speeches to make the day so very special for her.
Saturday I got to see Tash! We ended up mostly just doing a lot of talking, but it was really really great. We went for a walk on the Burke-Gilman and got rained on for a while, then visited Andrea, who just had knee surgery. That night I went to see Dan and Christina's apartment near U-Village and did a lot more talking there :).
Today (Sunday) all my siblings came to my parents house to celebrate Dustin's birthday last week. We were glad to have Christina join us too. It's always so nice and special to be able to spend an afternoon with my whole family, since I don't get to see them very much. I was really missing Matt though, it would have been nice to have him there too. Especially to see Evangeline and Lucca and how big they're getting. It's funny because we used to play games between dinner and dessert, but now the babies are our sole entertainment.
Showing Uncle Jordan where the cool toys are :)

This is the best pic I could get with this squirmy one...

Beautiful

I planned this trip before I got my subbing job, so I took 3 days off to do it. It's going to be a crazy week returning Monday night and working Tuesday again. Especially because I will have to get grades in and start getting ready for parent teacher conferences, but I'll also be really wanting to spend some quality time with my hubby because I miss him a lot after so many days apart! Yep, that's right, I am doing PT Conferences. That's the week following this week though, so that means an extra part or full time week of work at least :).
No comments:
Post a Comment