Sunday, August 31, 2008

Nothing much new

This is one of those times when I don't really feel like posting because not much has been going on and it will likely not be very interesting... but I'm giving it a go anyways :-P. Let's see... Matt's dad has been here the last 2 weekends working on our basement-puting up all new drywall and a few more odds and ends. Work this past week was pretty slow... I was the only teacher everyday with only 4 kids (tops). This week the rest of the new kids join our room and we will back to sort of normal.

I was about to say that Labor Day weekend has become a bitter-sweet time in the last couple years, but then I realized it's far more bitter than sweet even. Labor Day = the end of summer and beginning of school. Which for me means... Matt starts school soon and I will see him less again... summer is ending, which brings on fall, and then other unspeakable things... it's a long weekend, but Matt is working most of it and we don't have anyone around to do anything with... and then of course the stinging reality that school is beginning everywhere in all those elementary classrooms that I would kill to be teaching in, but alas I am not and will be not for at least another whole year.

On some happier notes... God is still amazing despite my grumblings and He never ceases to provide for me and bless me far more than I deserve. Although Matt has worked a lot this weekend, he does have tomorrow off and we can spend the entire day together. Our weekend is full of bountiful warm sunshine and blue skies without the humidity. I have two beautiful healthy nieces that I absolutely adore and get to visit in a few short weeks. I have a devoted husband who made me blackberry cobbler and homemade whole wheat bread. I have been able to truly relax this past week and weekend and spend plenty of time outside in the yard or inside on the couch reading away. I have a house that I love and will the number one thing that I will miss whenever we move. I could go on and on, but I think you get the point.

No comments: