Thursday, September 4, 2008

Good Old Rain

Oh glorious rain, how I miss thee. It's been raining all day long, and I really do mean ALL day. Monday and Tuesday were both at least 90, and today is rainy and only got to the mid 60s. Now, I am in no way saying that I am ready for all cool rain and no more warm sun. But there's something about the cool, refreshing rain that just calms and comforts me. The sound. The fact that I can cozy up in a blanket on the couch. The wonderful wonderful difference from the sticky humidity. The nostalgia and connection I feel to my hometown.

Now, after a couple of days of this, I will be more than ready for some hot sun to sit out on the deck and read under... although I don't know if that will be returning at all. I also do not want to spend more than one entire day inside at work with small children who have lots of energy to burn inside rather than outside. :-P

No comments: