Sunday, June 29, 2008

The fireflies are out!!

I LOVE fireflies! Last night after the sun had gone down and the daylight was fading away, I glanced across my front yard to be pleasantly surprised by the mystical little bugs with glowing butts turning on and off. In my very on front yard! I sat and watched out my window (because my yard was also full of mosquitoes... I also earlier got 10 bites in 10 minutes just on my front porch :-P) for quite a while :).

I never saw them growing up in Washington and always thought they looked so cool and unreal when I saw them on movies and stuff. Then I was never in Michigan during the right part of the summer to see them either (considering they are just coming out now and I would go home for the summer). The first time I saw them was when I was driving back to WA with my dad in mid-late June after my junior year at Calvin (2006?). I forget which state we were in, Wyoming maybe, and as soon as twilight hit... the grass on the sides of good ol' Highway 90 lit up with hundreds and hundreds of those little twinkling lights. I was in awe. I always knew I would love fireflies and longed to see them in person, but this was beyond all expectations. Who knew that an insect, a bug, could put me in such an awe that I had no other option but to praise my Creator for the goodness and intricacy of His work?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where's the pictures?