Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My 23rd Birthday :)

Birthdays are funny things. They've become so much less exciting in the last few years. Probably partially because I am always missing someone and can't see them. And because I've passed 16 and 18 and 21... and it's not like anything in my life is going to change because of my age now.

This year has been an exception. It's nice to have a husband who loves me and does wonderful things to make me feel loved and appreciated :). First of all, it was a beautiful, warm, sunny summer day... then I got off work a little early. I came home to a yummy salmon dinner and then yellow cake with homemade fudgy frosting. A little later on, as we were sitting out in the sun on our deck (which no longer has a hole in it, by the way, thanks to Matt's fam last weekend), Matt brings out a pineapple and sets it in front of me. Lo and behold, there is a straw sticking out and a yummy yummy drink inside! It was the perfect summer birthday treat! And so cute! So, of course, I had to take pictures to remember it. I wish I would have taken pictures of our dinner and cake too, but I didn't think of that until later. Oh, and Grace stopped by to see me for a while too.

The man behind it all :)
On a different, much less joyous note... Grace has decided that she is moving to Illinois in a few weeks because she hasn't found a job here and her lease is running out soon. She's the best friend I have here, and the only one I hang out with on a regular basis. It's gonna be quite the blow to my already lacking social life :(. Prayers for not getting too lonely in the coming year would be much appreciated.

PS: 3 weeks from today, I will be in Washington holding my beautiful little niece!

No comments: