It has been a busy, but fun week for me. Thursday I was supposed to tag along with the Smith kiddies to a strawberry farm, but the berries weren't ready for picking yet, so we didn't get to go. I ended up babysitting for the afternoon though so their mom could run a few errands. Now that the boys are in booster car seats, I can fit all 3 of them in the backseat of my car! I took them to the park and bike trail that's right by my house. Their dad took their training wheels off in hopes of them learning to ride without them, but they are not even 5 yet and the result has just been them not being able to ride their bikes much this summer. So I put the training wheels back on, loaded them in my trunk, and set them free (within sight of me, of course) on the trail while I pushed Lacey in a stroller. They had a great time and really enjoyed the freedom of riding on a trail, especially because there was hardly anyone else on it. Then we had a picnic lunch and they played on the playground for a little while too. Summer is so much more fun when you have kids to enjoy it with :).
Ready to go!

So cute

Water break

Big boys :)

Lacey Lou

Spiderman!

Thursday night I had a softball double header in the heat and humidity. We haven't come against any team so far that has given us a run for our money until the second game that night. It was definitely more exciting that way, and we ended up winning by one point, so we're still undefeated! Next week we play the other team from our church, so that'll be interesting. Anyways, I sure was exhausted when I got home that night.
Matt worked Friday from 1-6 instead of 5-10, so that was nice to have him home at night. Although I was still pretty tired from a long week. We did have fun playing Rummikub, and then watching The Great Debaters, which was a pretty good movie. Then this morning we sat out on the deck in the sun drinking our coffee :).
4 comments:
:) We watched Great Debators last weekend. I thought it was really good. We had a "free HBO weekend" and watched Bobby tonight; kind of fun to watch since I remember it well. We had coffee (well, Mel did; I had my morning smoothie) on the deck this morning too....a beautiful morning and a wonderful start to a great day! We got to enjoy the new deck umbrella (from COSTCO) today too!
yeah, he was doing drugs with the neighborhood cats. too much sharing needles... i thought we taught him right, but alas...
but really, he just got in a lot of fights and we think that he just shared some blood.
he has been sneezing blood, so we took him in
summer was sooo exciting when we were kids, wasn't it? 78 degrees was practically 80, which meant that you begged for mom to inflate the blow-up pool that was hiding in the garage with the spiders and needed some duct tape patching to endure another season of splashing and crashing. :-)
Looks like the kids had a ton of fun! That trail looks pretty nice too! Wasn't this past weekend gorgeous? :)
Post a Comment