Sunday, June 8, 2008

All Filled Up

So it seems that my writing on here is becoming a once a week thing, I guess that's not so bad. Last Thursday when I last posted and talked about the thunder storming... I also had a softball game that night. I was really hoping it would get rained out, but after the t-storm, the sun came out and dried everything up pretty well. However, it was still low 80's and 90% humidity - DISGUSTING... especially to play softball in at 7:45 when all the bugs are coming out to suck your blood. It was like slow motion all night because it was impossible to move very fast in all that hot thick air. Anyways, it was a little fun none-the-less.

My weekend ended up being a huge blessing. Friday was a fun day at work because it was a nice day and we could put the kids in their swimsuits and let them play with water outside... and entertained kids = less fighting and an easier job for me :). Then I got a message from my friend Marcia, who had heard that Matt was going to be working most of the weekend, and invited me to go with her, her husband, and her 3 year old (Luke) and 2 month old (Lauren) kids, to her parents cottage for the night and the day on Saturday. Her parents and sister were there too. We walked around the lake, sat on the dock and read, went for some boat rides, and did a little tubing too. I did my share of playing with Luke and reading him books, and holding Lauren too :).

Today was our first day without having to be at church early for Sunday school, and it was very nice. We got to sleep in a little, and then still had time to have a slow relaxing morning complete with cinnamon rolls before church. Church was also really good and funny too, yes I said funny. Our pastor is really into visual aides and props (like the word "it" made out of wood and 4 feet tall), and often he himself acting things out with the props. Today he crawled across about 6 chairs in a very dramatic fashion. Ada Bible also just started puting video in addition to audio of sermons online to download, which is pretty cool.

The weekend really put me in the mood for summer. It also made me feel much less lonely in general, just to get out and do something, and realize that maybe the summer won't be so bad, and then to have a relaxing morning with my husband and a good teaching and worship at church. Like I said, it was a blessing, thank you Lord for filling me up.

Beautiful baby girl

Bath time - I'm all wet!
All warm and dry
I'm cute and I know it

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to enjoy a weekend at the cottage. Adorable pictures of Evangeline! The first one in her bath tub is so cute!