It's the weekend! Still not sure what the weekend will hold, but I am fine with that. Yesterday my school had a half day because they had their big Family Fall Festival last night and needed to get set up for it. It was nice to get most of the week's planning done after school and be done by 4! However, we returned by 5:30 for the festival. It was so cute! We mostly visited with people, people watched, and I had to help out with the book fair a little, but the kids there were having a blast! There were big inflatable toys, a trampoline/bungie thing, dunk tank, and tons of booths with carnival games. It smelled AMAZING there! There was kettle corn that they made right there, cotton candy, snow cones, a bake sale, and dinner too.
This month has been flying by already! And next week I have a field trip to one of the California missions, and Book Character Day on Friday. That is our school's replacement for Halloween... the kids dress up like a book character and there's a costume competition, and then they put on a talent show in their cute costumes :). Then the week after that is a half week because of the ACSI teacher's convention, but I get to go to Seattle instead! And somewhere in there, Allyson will have her baby ;).
School has been going well. My kids are taking notes on note cards for research papers for the first time ever. It is SO hard to teach them to take notes well. I wish there was enough time in the day to just sit down with each of them one-on-one and guide them along... classic teacher's dilemma, I suppose.
Well, onto breakfast this morning, the farmer's market, and we'll see where the day takes us from there :).
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment