Monday, February 9, 2009

Warm Weather!

We had a freakishly, amazingly warm weekend for mid-February. Saturday hit 50 degrees and was sunny too! It was so amazing, you can't not be in a good mood with that kind of weather. Although it was very wet and slushy out with a couple feet of snow melting all over the place. I was sitting inside for the first part of the day, and then felt too compelled to be outside on such a beautiful day... so I went for a walk/jog (meaning walking on the snowy/icey parts and jogging on the clear pavement). All I had on was a thin sweatshirt and I was plenty warm, it was glorious.

Let's see, Friday night Matt and I went to our friends Nathan and Marcia's house for pizza. Yum, and good times hanging out and talking and catching up with them again. We tried this new pizza place that I keep hearing about at work, called Jet's Pizza, and we were big fans.

Matt got his results back from his Michigan teacher certification tests and he passed with flying colors! I am so very proud of him and all the work that he put in. We're one step closer to getting teaching jobs now :).

Now that it's official, I can put it on here... Jordan, Allyson, and Evangeline are coming here for a visit at the end of May! They are taking a trip to Rhode Island to visit Allyson's family and go to a wedding, and are going to stop through here on the way. They are coming the week before Matt's graduation, so they'll get to celebrate that with us too. I am overwhelmingly excited and thankful for this opportunity to see them and for them to see where we live. Now if only winter would end and May would come sooner.

1 comment:

Carissa said...

I'm jealous - I wish I could come out too! I miss you!