Sunday, October 19, 2008

I Love Fall!

So, this week didn't turn out quite how I expected it to. I ended up not having a super long weekend last weekend, because someone was sick Monday and I had to come in to work anyways. But then I got this past Friday off instead, so now this weekend is the long one, lol. Anyways, that kinda threw me into the work week unexpectedly and really tired me out! We went on a field trip to a farm/pumpkin patch on Wednesday, so that was fun. It went pretty well (although, we did have almost as many parents as children :-P). I really can't remember much at all from my week at the moment.

Oh, last week Sunday, Matt and I went on a nice fall (despite the 80 degree temps!) walk through the nature preserve at Calvin. But then I got 5-10 mosquito bites, one of which swelled up to the point that it looked like I had a huge tumor on my arm or something (not very comfortable either). I loaded up on antihistamines and benadryl cream, and that did the trick... within a couple days.

This one is actually at a park on a river near our church.
This one too.
Now to Calvin
I like the variety of colors in this tree.
I've noticed a lot of these colorful vines on
tree trunks lately, they look really cool :)
I filled up 5 yard waste bags with leaves (and that was after stomping them down to fit) on Friday. Boo, and there are still just as many on the tree waiting to fall off yet. Plus 2 piles that I didn't fit in the bags. Fall's beauty is in full swing though! Here are a few pics from last week. And I'm hoping to take my camera to the trail by our house sometime soon as well, I ran along it Friday and it was even more amazing. I am going to miss midwest falltime, that is for sure.

My long weekend hasn't been very exciting: laundry, cleaning, raking leaves, errands (for some reason the mall was already as crazy as it is at Christmas time! Yuck!), work stuff, and babysitting. I bought a few cute fall decorations :). It was killing me not to have any, and they were 50% off at Hobby Lobby, I LOVE that store!

Matt and I are going to carve pumpkins tonight... I'll post some pics later :). Did I mention how much I like fall?

Here are 2 videos that I took of Evangeline on my phone when I was there last month. This is her best trick these days (unless there's something new that I haven't been informed of yet). If you put your finger up and down on her mouth, she automatically starts "talking" so she can hear the funny noises she makes! I love her!!



To be fair, here is an adorable new picture of Lucca... I think this may be my favorite so far... so precious! And I see more of Dustin in her when her eyes are opened big like that.

No comments: