Saturday, September 13, 2008

Update

Week one in the preschool went well. We still haven't been doing very much at all on the planning or learning end of things, but that will start more this coming week. I am excited to do more of that and to see where my kids are at and help them to grow and learn. I absolutely love the girl that I work with. It's so nice to work with someone younger, more easy going, and someone whom I can laugh and joke with. She is excited that I have more experience, resources, a good attitude, and a good work ethic. This job is unfolding into many more blessings than I even thought. Word is starting to spread that I am going to be permanently working in this room, and I have gotten such an uplifting response from the parents of the kids that I had previously in the toddler room (and even some comments from kids still in the toddler room about being sad that I am leaving). The only downside at the moment is that it looks like my day off might be Mondays now, which is about the worst possible day to have as your day off - there's no day off to look forward to, or as a break in the week. But oh well.

We're in the middle of a rainy streak right now. It rained off and on all of Friday, all of today so far, and is pretty much supposed to continue through Monday. So that made Friday a long day at work, considering there were a few little boys in very bad tempers as well. But considering most of it is on the weekend and I am feeling lazy anyways, that's OK with me.

I've been doing pretty well with motivating myself to exercise lately. For the last month, I've been going jogging (or sometimes biking) every Saturday, day off or late start, and then occasionally an extra night after work. This week I may have overdone it slightly though :-P. Wednesday night I went jogging, then Thursday I biked to work and back. The way there wasn't bad at all, but the way home was hard and my legs hurt pretty badly for the rest of the night.

Matt and I started with Discovery Village (Sunday school) at church again last week. That means more early mornings, but oh well, I know that this is an awesome way that I can serve and give back to my church, and it's so rewarding and teaches me a lot about my own faith as well. We are also going to try out a small group. Next Sunday they have an event that has a series of steps to get you setup with a small group of other people there by the end of it. It's probably going to be a mixed age kind of group, but hopefully there will be a few younger people in it too.

Um... not sure what else is new... 2 more weeks until I get to see baby Lucca. My friend Kate Maxwell is going to come for a short visit just before that. Other than that, just work, extra work from home, crocheting, reading, the usual.