Boy am I glad that it's the weekend! It's been a long and busy week. Monday night I had a staff dinner, Wednesday night I babysat, and Thursday night I had parent teacher conferences (and I had very chatty parents and was the last teacher to leave :-P). Then today was very hot and humid and our kids were absolutely insane. I was ready to pull my hair out by 11 am! We really ought to get some video footage of these kids, edit it, and call it "Attack of the 2 Year Olds"!
I was not digging the - as soon as you step outside you can feel how thick the air is and you're constantly sticky - ness today - yuck! Time for me to get used to the midwest humidity once again... and prepare myself for my first FULL summer out here. It was also pretty windy, so that was a huge relief, plus I already look a little bit less pasty white. But all this heat, humidity, and wind is building up for what's supposed to be one heck of a thunder storm tonight - yay! Maybe it will start early enough where I can go out and get drenched in some pouring rain? And maybe I'll be able to convince Matt to join me? Oh... and for you Seattle people, this will make you feel better about our beautiful spring weather: there is a chance it will snow on Monday... we're supposed to have 40s and 50s next week, boo.
So... to end this post... a little encouragement to my soon-to-be-born niece.... Go Turniphead, Go! You can do it! I want to know your name and see pictures of you and pretend that I am there.... so hurry on up (or more like down)!
Friday, April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment