I thought I would do a much better job than what I have done so far in keeping up with my blog since the baby. I just have not been able to find the time! It seems we have had constant visitors or been gone for the entire summer and now we go back to work next week already! I will try to update you on some highlights of our summer and on Annabelle's growth during it before the busyness of school begins. I only have a few minutes now because Annabelle is taking a long nap for once! I uploaded a bunch of pics to facebook, and now I am getting started on here. I sure do miss having more than 30 min-an hour chunks of time to get a task done!
Grace and her boyfriend, Mike, came to visit us for a week. They flew into San Fran, and we picked them up and spent the day there. Mike hadn't been there before so we wanted to show him around a bit. We went to see Golden Gate, Pier 39, and Alcatraz. In all the times I've been to SF, I have actually never been to Alcatraz, so that was especially fun for me :). I was a little disappointed that I couldn't go walk on/in the old buildings surrounding the prison that they go on in The Rock, but oh well :-P.
They came back with us to our house for the week. We mostly hung out, but we did have a picnic one day at a park, and spent one day in Yosemite. We took Annabelle on her first hike! She loved being in her moby wrap and looking around at everything, but of course, she spent most of her time in there sleeping. We had a great day, but the worst car ride home ever! With stopping several times to calm Annabelle down or feed her, construction, and park traffic, it took us about 4 hours instead of 2 to get home, ugh. Annabelle has decided not to like the car very much, so that made for some long, loud drives.
I will try to add some pics on here later, but the baby is awake now, so here is a link to the facebbook album that has some pics in it for now.
Thursday, August 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment