I feel like I've been doing nothing but catching up every since! I felt like I have only gotten one thing done on my to-do list at home each weekend since then. One weekend to get the tree down, another to write thank you notes to my students for Christmas gifts (but I still need to do them for everyone else, and for baby shower gifts...), another weekend I got the Christmas decorations down (but i still need to dust so I can get the regular decor back up), and so on.
School is going fabulously, it is just a lot of work! We are studying the California Gold Rush and reading a novel about a gold rush adventure also, both of which the kids are really enjoying. It's so fun to tie different aspects of curriculum together and see how much better they can learn from and absorb it all :). We are going on a field trip this week to Mariposa, which is an old gold mining town. There are 2 gold mining museums we are going to and they even get to pan for gold! They are also working hard to write research reports for our upcoming science fair. They already went through this process in the fall with their California Mission reports, and this time is actually going much more smoothly! It was almost torturous with all the teeth pulling I had to last time, but I am so proud of how much they learned and remembered this time :).
I have had a lot more energy during the day, which makes work much more enjoyable, however I am pretty drained by the time I get home. I have been working until about 5:30 most nights, and even with that it feels like I am always catching up or staying just afloat. I have a list of things I need to get working on for school that never seem to get anywhere. I just keep plowing through it all though, not much else I can do. Matt tells me to try to find ways to cut down my work load, but I feel like everything I do is necessary... so I am still working on that one.
With me being so busy with school, and then exhausted at home... there hasn't been much in me left to get the day to day household things done. Matt has really stepped it up to help out with all of that :). I am so thankful for him lately!
My biggest struggle in all of this has probably been to remember to look to God to be in control and take care of things. I have been praising and thanking him non-stop, I feel, for the baby, for Matt's help and support, for my job and wonderful students, and all of the blessings in my life. However, I have not been doing a very good job of looking to Him when i am getting stressed or overwhelmed or just plain exhausted from all of the hours I've been putting in... to trust Him to help me get everything done that NEEDS to get done. That is something I need to be doing everyday and am constantly trying to remind myself of.
2 comments:
I hate to say it, but from my experience, life will probably be like this for awhile. Once the baby comes, there won't even be time for the things that NEED to get done, let alone the things you WANT to get done. It will be dishes and laundry and that's it! But eventually, you start to regain more time for things. I'll be praying for you and Matt, but it sounds like he is doing a great job of helping. We're both really blessed to have very helpful, loving, and giving hubbys.
-Allyson
Yes, Allyson, I know it is only going to get more busy. Work, however, should be less busy and time intensive next year, which I am looking forward to! Not because it will be "less busy" but because it will be a different busy with a little less school work to make room for more mommy and baby work instead :-P. But yes, we need to thank God everyday for our wonderfully helpful men :).
Post a Comment