Sunday, December 12, 2010

One More Week of Chaos...

Chaos seems to be a fitting word right now. I feel like I am treading water some days in every area of my life... doing just enough to get by in most things, but not doing a really great job in anything. Somehow once Thanksgiving was approaching, those few blissful weeks of less work, getting home by 5/5:30, and making dinner for my hubby each night were long gone. There has been so much to do with Christmas coming up, lessons to plan, science fair projects and papers to plan out for after Christmas, CPR training all day last Saturday, and only very minimal planning for Baby J lately. There have been many late nights, oatmeal or grilled cheese type dinners, and weeks with Matt running the errands and taking care of the house lately. He has been doing a fabulous job with all of that though!

This weekend was finally a weekend home with no plans. I was going to finish Christmas shopping and decorating, get Christmas cards out, bake Christmas cookies, get ahead on schoolwork, and have some time to relax and appreciate my hubby. But, I guess with all of the hard work and long hours... I was just asking to get sick instead. It has truly been a miracle that I lasted this far into the school-year without even a minor cold, but boy am I getting my fair share now! My voice has been going in and out since Tuesday or Wednesday, and the rest of the cold symptoms and soreness came along with that on Thursday, blah. I have been trying to take it easy this weekend so I can just make it through this one last week, ugh! But it's such a bummer that I can't get to all of those things that I had wanted to. Oh well, it should be a fun (but crazy) week either way, I just hope I have a smidge of a voice and energy to get by :/.

No comments: