Well, I made it through the first week :). I have been having tons of fun with my kids, and we have been so very busy in class. Partly because they have so much energy, and partly because it takes them a long time to do everything right now. I am praying for a quick adjustment to our routine so that we can get more learning in, and if we get more learning in, then we have more time for fun things! I am not quite sure how I made it through the week without turning into a lump on the couch by the end... as I was up at 5:45 every morning, to school at 7:30/45, and didn't get home until 5 or 6! The excitement of everything must have kept me going. This week I am already much more on top of things, so hopefully, not quite so many late nights. The kids love the reading loft that I had our handyman build! And such a motivation for them to get their work done, too.
The reading loft is in the back corner

Backpack hooks (also new)

Front of the room

Today my school had their annual yard sale, pancake breakfast, and book fair. I was there bright and early at 6:30am to help with the yard sale (meaning... still had to get up at 5:45 :-P). It went really well though, and they raised a lot of money! A family at the school owns a furnature store, and they donated a few items from their store (that's right, new furniture, at a garage sale!). Most of it went in less than 5 minutes, but there were 2 lonely recliners that weren't selling. Matt and I said we'd take one recliner for $50 (was $100), and when still no one had claimed the other at the end, they said we could take both for $50, sweet! Now we have a chair in our office, and our bedroom.

1 comment:
Nice, they seem like good recliners.
Post a Comment