Thursday, March 11, 2010

Happy Days!

The auction is over!! I really have never been to an auction or event like this, but it was so well done and fun and adorable! Unfortunately, I didn't get to enjoy much of it, because I was working, answering questions, and solving problems :-P. I gotta give it to the decorations committee, because they did a wonderful job. All of the MCS staff who helped out dressed up in 50s attire too.
They had people bring their awesome old cars to
park out front to get your picture taken in front of.The tables had old fashioned candy all over them,
with a record in the middle (with our auction logo on it)...
...and an ice cream sundae glass with candy
making up the ice cream on top of that.
They had guitar cut outs and records hanging from the ceilings by all the silent auction tables.

Someone donated this mini-chopper motorcycle for
the live auction, which worked perfectly as a decoration!My JunebugCrochet basket in the silent auction.My friend Katie and I.So it was a lot of fun for those who came. I was busy registering people, entering new people in, fixing problems, and entering winning bids in. I had a small break and got to peak in on the live auction until those winning bids started coming back to us. At least the caterers brought us some dinner! We were done checking people out by 9:30 or 10, and then we were out of there around 11 (apparently last year they were there until 2 am... thank goodness for organization!).

No comments: