Thursday, October 8, 2009

As we continue to look Up in life, so do our circumstances...

We didn't end up finding anyone to watch Samson, and the kennel was full, but luckily, Matt's aunt, uncle, and cousin agreed to watch him for us (not sure how happy they were about it, but oh well). Next time we may just have to schedule him for the kennel ahead of time to be safe.

Yesterday we went to look at a rental house and it is a great possibility! It's 2 miles from Matt's school (still easily bikable), in an old neighborhood with mature trees lining the roads, older and newer homes with a lot of character, well maintained yards, and good neighbors. The house is a 2 bedroom with a yard, a huge living room with fireplace and built in book shelves, lots of storage space, and a one stall garage (with laundry hookups). The only problem is that the yard has a brick wall at the back that is only about 4 ft (?) tall... I don't think Samson could get out, but he might be able to peek over it. Also, we would have to buy several things: a lawn mower, washer and dryer, microwave, and some sort of butcher block table for the kitchen (there isn't a ton of counter space). We are looking at two more houses today before we head out of town, and then probably a couple more next week; all in this same area of town (but the one we already saw was the closest, some are more like 3 miles from Matt's school).

I am subbing in preschool next week! Oh how I miss preschoolers, this should be fun :). I also have a part time job opportunity that is going to be unfolding in the next couple of weeks. It's kinda under wraps at the moment, but I will explain more when I can.

I am SO excited for La Jolla! We met with the woman whose condo we are going to be staying at and it sounds amazing. She said they have a pool and jacuzzi there, and also a tandem bike that we can ride on the board walk :). Saweet!

No comments: