More about Matt's birthday tomorrow to be posted later! Oh, and it's Evangeline's 1st birthday tomorrow as well, what a big girl! (Whom I get to see in just over 2 weeks! But I'm not counting down or anything...).
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Fabulous Spring Weekend
This was by far one of the best and fullest weekends I've had in a very long time. I am real tired out, but it was fun and productive with even a little bit of relaxation! On Friday night, Zach and Sarah came bowling with us again to celebrate Matt's birthday (Tues May 5). Then we surprised Matt by going to Old Chicago for dessert afterward! Yum!

Saturday was the Tulip Time festival in Holland! My friend Carrie from small group and her 18 month old, Cohen, came with me, and it was the most beautiful sunny, warm, spring day. The flowers and trees were all in bloom and absolutely breathtaking. Not to mention the good old Klompen dancers :). I did some reading in the sun (my favorite way to read!), then took Samson for a walk on the trail when I got home. Then my friend Bethany from work called because we had talked about watching a movie, and she wanted to go for a walk as well, so I went on another (plus all the walking around Holland... lots of miles logged for that day!)! Then we watched Slum Dog Millionaire.


On Sunday we bought flowers for the planter in front of our big living room window :). There are pretty much only 2 kinds of flowers that grow well in shade, so that's what we got: begonias and impatiens. That looks so much nicer.

I am absolutely loving the spring weather! At least I'm loving it on the sunny days double to make up for the rainy ones. Today I had a half day at work, so I took Samson on the trail, then went for a bike ride without him on another trail. It was the perfect sunny 70 with low humidity to do some jogging without overheating either of us.
More about Matt's birthday tomorrow to be posted later! Oh, and it's Evangeline's 1st birthday tomorrow as well, what a big girl! (Whom I get to see in just over 2 weeks! But I'm not counting down or anything...).
More about Matt's birthday tomorrow to be posted later! Oh, and it's Evangeline's 1st birthday tomorrow as well, what a big girl! (Whom I get to see in just over 2 weeks! But I'm not counting down or anything...).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment