Monday, December 15, 2008

I love the smell of Christmas trees

Oops, I haven't written on here in a long time! I guess I've been busy for once :). What have I been up to you ask? Last last weekend Matt's sister, Amy, was here visiting Calvin and stayed over Friday and Saturday nights. We went to see the movie Twilight, since I recently read all 4 of those books. It was alright... it's always fun to see characters from books come to life... but I also never like the movies as much as the books because they are so different than the pictures that I make in my head. We had a good time though. That weekend we got a lot of snow, it was so pretty to watch it slowing falling down. I also did a little bit of Christmas baking with a friend and learned some new recipes.

I have been doing tons of crocheting lately. I have been experimenting with different hat patterns and I'm happy to say, they are turning out pretty well!

Our tree has been up, lit, and decorated for a while now, but I never get sick of just sitting in the dark living room, gazing at my beautious glowing tree. Now that and our other decorations are up, and I just put a few presents under the tree - so I am feeling very Christmasy lately.

This week is going to be a very busy one for me. Tonight I have a work Christmas dinner and Tuesday night is our Christmas program. It's also very busy at work with all of our Christmas projects going on. At least it's the last full week before Christmas!

Matt has finals this week, and a few papers to write, but then he's done for the semester! He found out that next semester he will be student teaching at Grandville Middle School.

No comments: